Saturday, April 28, 2018

Jon Richardson - Old Man (27/04/18)

(Okay, so this one isn't exactly literature, but it was so good I just HAD to write about it. No spoilers, I promise)

The lights go down. Cheering begins. A spotlight. Jon Richardson appears in a beautifully hideous cardigan. And so, the entertainment begins.

He manages to make the ordinary and mundane into hilarious sketches, bringing humour into the everyday. He paints mental pictures of his hilariously exaggerated anxieties, which more often than not seemed to result in death from something as banal as shutting a car door correctly.

He cleverly linked early jokes to later ones, creating a punchline that made me howl with laughter. I noticed two girls laughing their heads off from behind me and wondered if someone in front could hear me (most likely).

Thanks to Mr Richardson, I now have some new found anxieties about things that I didn't even realise were a thing (especially when it comes to public toilets!)

I would watch it (and laugh) all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment